April 23, 2011

better late than never


Zebra printed dress from theonlyukayqueen
Heather grey wedge pumps from Parisian

I am indeed a fashion late bloomer. I am by now 19 years old and just became interested in fashion last year. I am never a high-heels person nor a dress or skirt person. You can always caught me wearing a shirt, jeans and flip-flops or shirt, shorts and flip-flops.
Just last year, because of being exposed to LOOKBOOK, which is a very reliable fashion source, I became aware that I am a disaster when it comes to dressing up. By then, I started online shopping. I became addicted to online shopping, buying clothes that I didn't even wear.
I am a regular student, with regular allowance, I don't have the moolah to shop at Zara, Topshop, Forever21, and the likes. And even though we have, I don't have the guts to ask my Dad nor Mom to buy me clothes.
But you know what, I can still manage to buy clothes for myself and my very reliable source was *drumroll please* thrift shops.
Hey! they are packed with wonderful and unique pieces. You wouldn't even mind bumping into someone wearing the same dress or top because thrift shops sell one piece per item, unless it has a twin piece but that'll be in another thrift shop in some other place, maybe.
Thrift shop has been my savior whenever I need a dress that I need to wear in a cocktail party or a top that I need for a school reporting.
And the best part of thrift shopping was the SALE. You can buy dresses for as low as 2 bucks or a shoes that costs 3 bucks. Isn't that great?

Well, it doesn't matter where your clothes from, it relies on the bearer anyway.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment