November 30, 2011

rEVOLution

My Dad would always confide me whenever he would buy a shirt or a trouser or a shoes. He would always ask me "Does it look good on me?" or whenever he will leave the house for work or whatsoever and I was sitting right in front of the laptop or just sitting on top of my bed, writing something, he would drop by into my room and would ask "Should I tuck this shirt in or just leave it this way?", "Does my pants look short at the back?", "Does my shoes compliment my shirt?".
I guess my Dad looks at me as his style expert (?) well, only to my Dad, I guess.

I wasn't really that fashionable at all. Most of the time, you would see me wearing my trusty cargo shorts and a shirt plus flip-flops. You would summon me, I swear.
I love buying stuff but they always end up wedged in my closet.
I am indeed an impulse buyer. When I see something pretty, I wouldn't mind fitting it or worst, though I know it doesn't look good on me, I would always assume that one day it would and I would turn out buying it. When I got home, and tried it on again, I will not like it anymore.

I have been stirred by the fashion websites I saw since the day I learned about online shopping and Tricia Gosingtian. Tricia's blog was actually the first blog I have read in my entire life (as much as I can remember). She is indeed a real life Barbie. I have learned about her blog in the newspaper 'cause I always read and scrutinize every little words in Inquirer's 2BU section, where they feature young artists, fashion savvys and the art enthusiasts of all sorts. From there, I got connected to Lookbook.nu which is undeniably a fashion haven, style source and inspiration. I tried making one for myself, but ended up rejected because it is for invites only. From time to time, I would check out Lookbook and started getting inspired by the people in it. Then I have learned about Chictopia, a fashion platform as well minus the discretion  Lookbook have. It was fun 'cause you will get feedback from people who I don't even know personally. From there, I got connected from different people, from their blogs, shops and then I started online shopping. It was kind of a frustration and at the same time, a guilty pleasure though. Learning about the how to's in online shopping, I got this idea of "Why not try selling?" Since I have been thrift shopping already before I even knew online shopping. So I gave it a shot. I was super inconsistent. One time, I would sell. After a week or two, I would stop. It was a matter of patience and I was never persistent. I want everything to be quick not knowing that life isn't like that, online selling isn't like that. My shop was always in on and off mode. And the funniest and the proof that I am really inconsistent is that I keep on changing and making shop. Until I settled in my Facebook but stopped again because I was already over saturated with the thoughts that it wouldn't work out anymore. But now I am back, I am now reading books and finding inspiration in some well-known online shops on how to improve and to maintain my shop, Sunday Dream. I am still inconsistent when it comes to the products I am selling, but I guess it wasn't inconsistent at all, it is more like I want variations.

At night, I would always just stare at the ceiling or outside the window, playing scenes inside my head or sometimes, thinking about the things I want to do.
I want to buy more stuff and be more spontaneous when it comes to fashion.
Just recently, I have realized that, most things turns out to be great when you take a risk.
I was always as plain as Jane because I am afraid of what other people would say about how I look.
I love dressing up but I don't have that heap of confidence to show the world how much I love to dress up and add the fact that I don't always have a $$$ 'cause my whole 2011 witnessed and experienced my frugality, well because I bought a camera twice this year. So no new clothes, no new shoes for this year.

I guess it is time to make a change this coming 2012. I have to be more wise when it comes to buying stuff. I should now fit it first and see if it compliments my physique or not. I should think of it's uses;
where would I wear it, is there something in my closet that would look good with it. And I should tag along my boyfriend with me ALWAYS, because he knows what looks good on me and what's not. And I just hate the fact that, most of the things I find cute would always turn out to be the opposite to him.

This coming year:
- I must visit the mall every month and I should buy at least 1 or 2 stuff for myself.
- We (me and boyfraaaan) must regularly go out together, have a date or just hang out in a mall or park every month.
- I must go out of my comfort zone and be brave enough to tag along my camera with me and visit places.
- I must disregard negative thoughts and be confident in everything I do.
and lastly,
- I should keep my shop brewing.

This has been my longest post everrrrrr ( I guess ).

Au revoir!

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment