March 10, 2013

Thrifted Treasures


These are the stuff I got from my latest trip in my beloved recessionista haven a.k.a thrift shop.
I've totally missed rummaging through piles and racks of clothes.
I was never this lucky before when I shop at thrift shops, but lately, I have been scoring things that I really like and have been looking for. Hence, these lovely purchases.
These are listed on my closet must-haves and I am super happy to tell y'all that it didn't cost me that much to buy all these five. *wink*

Here are some tips about thrift shopping:

1. Know what you want.
Planning is the key to success. Going in a thrift shop not knowing what you want is like getting lost in a place that you already know. So I suggest, you list or keep in mind all of the things that you will be looking for.
The more specific, the better.

2. Wear comfy clothes.
Let's face it, their aircon sucks! And much worst, they don't have aircon!
You have to focus your hand on inspecting all the racks not on wiping your sweaty forehead.
And wearing comfy, easy breezy clothes will reduce the time you will be spending on the fitting room.

3. Eyes on the prize, honey.
If you see something that you think is chic or you really like, NEVER LEAVE IT!
Regardless of tip #1, you also have to look out for chic pieces that was not listed on your to-buy list.

4. Prioritize.
If you have set a limit, know which one you can buy first and which one you can come back for.
Like, if you see this awesome military jacket and this sheer top, settle for the awesome military jacket first and just come back for the sheer top some other time.

5. Expect the unexpected.
Enough said on this one!

Well, I hope these'll help you.
Toodaloo!

XX


No comments:

Post a Comment