April 01, 2013

D.I.Y. Monday: Studded Pullover Version 1.0



I know this ain't the best time of the year to wear pullovers and/or sweaters but I can't help it, pullovers is really my thing lately. You can pair it with shorts, skirt, tights, jeans, everything.
So I have been checking out some stuff in Forever 21 Makati yesterday and I have found numbers of cutesy sweaters with studs on it, but but but it costs too much. Boo hoo! :(
So instead of thinking how am I gonna save up for the ones I have found in F21, I thought of the awesomest idea to just make one since I have a few, plain Jane pullovers in my closet. And I'm gonna share it to y'all.

Let's do this!

1. LE STUFF THAT YOU NEED FOR THIS PROJECT:
a. Pullover or sweater
b. Pliers (optional)
c. Studs (I got mine in Divisoria. There are lots of studs in etsy.com too or in eBay.)


2. CREATE YOUR PATTERN.
You can place your studs wherever you want, and you can choose whatever shape of studs you would like to use.
As for this project, I would like it to be on the shoulder part of my pullover and I did an inverted triangle. 
(HIPSTER PLEASE.)


3. POKE THE PRONGS OF THE STUD RIGHT THROUGH THE PULLOVER.
that sharp thingy, BTW, is called "prongs"
4. PRESS DOWN FLAT THE PRONGS TO HOLD THE STUD IN PLACE.
Pliers is optional. You can use your fingers if you're that sadistic, just take care, okay? :)


5. REPEAT UNTIL YOU FINISH YOUR PATTERN.


And now we're done!


Hope you have learned something from my first ever DIY post.
I might do this more often, well, every Monday. I just hope I could keep up with it.
So, thanks y'all for reading!

Toodaloo!

XX



No comments:

Post a Comment